sustainability and us
Our approach is to bring sustainability into all aspects of our work -from being a Green Office to carrying out Green Projects.
Key aspects of being a green business include:
- Electricity supplied by Ecotricity.
- Actively recycling wherever possible.
- Supporting the local economy by buying local -we are members of Bristol Pound.
- Unless cars are needed for site visits, we all get to work through pedal power.
- We are active members of the Backfields Lane GreenStreet initiative.
- Our office is naturally ventilated -we open windows!
All our projects are tested against key criteria and we seek to find opportunities in:
- use of energy
- energy generation
- recycled materials and recyclabilty
- saving water
- reduction of site waste
Projects with green credentials include:
- Eco demonstration and training hub for Solarsense -this will be a demonstrator project for renewable technologies.
- Affordable housing at Battens Lane and Cumnor being constructed to Passivhaus level of insulation and airtightness.
- Sustainable retrofit -'light touch' retrofit projects such as for Emmaus, where sustainability is inherent in the re-use of existing resources.
here are a few more of our sustainable design projects